I cannot sleep due to being jet-lagged and felt that this is the perfect opportunity to finally start my blog.
This was a post-midnight impulse that began on November 4th, 2012.
I’m a 17 year old international student waiting to finish high school
next this summer. I’ve a lot to accomplish till then: becoming a cultured person; losing a dramatic amount of weight; enriching my worldview by understanding the past; and learning how to control my bad temper and mood swings stop being so embarrassing in public, among many other things. This blog was created so I can share my inner thoughts as well as my journey, experiences, and musings as I grow into a hopefully respectable adult.
While you’re here, you might as well know what makes me who I am:
- I adore books.
- I prefer TV shows over movies because I have a terribly short attention span.
- I’m trying to change my eating habits to become a healthier person.
- I come from a large family and am the oldest of four children.
- I’m bad at socialising: I wait to be approached rather than go out and be the first to speak.
- My life long love lies in languages; I want to be fluent in at least 6 by the time I’m 23 (I currently know four, but am only fluent in 1).
- I want to be a journalist when I’m older, specifically a war journalist. My childhood experience of the war in Iraq has influenced me more than I thought it would.
- I’m terrible at math and science. I’m definitely a writing/literature/history person, which bothers my beloved grandmother to no end.
I have a terrible temper and cannot control my mood swings. I also hold grudges for forever. I’m working on it though.Proud to finally tick that off. It’s been a year and things have changed 🙂
- I hate apologising and I hate confrontation. I’m working on this too.
- I refuse to use American grammar even though my school follows it and even though I never studied British grammar and punctuation. I’m different like that.
- I have the incessant need to be different from everyone else around me. Whether by personality, beliefs, or hair colour, I need to establish this for myself.
- I am opinionated and hell if I’m anything but controversial.
- In replacement of my previously jealous/moody personality, I’ve managed to develop into a satirical, wisecracking asshole.
If you’re still intrigued to find out more about the flawed girl with the fake name, I’d love to have you stay and share your opinions with me!
Adelaide “Addie” Martin
P.S.: All names, including my own, used throughout this blog are fake. I’d rather keep them all anonymous. Locations, however, are real.
Feel free to contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org